The 52nd (New Ontario) Battalion, CEF was raised in Northern Ontario during the Spring of 1915 with its mobilization headquarters at Port Arthur (Thunder Bay), Ontario. The Battalion joined the 9th Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division on February 23, 1916 and thus began the trial by fire for the men of the north in the trenches of France and Belgium.
After the war, the men returned home and the 52nd was disbanded in the early 1920s with its Regimental Colours laid-up in St. John The Evangelist Anglican Church.
This website is dedicated to the memory of all the men that served in the ranks of the 52nd. May they never be forgotten.